You will contribute to helping end World hunger by providing leadership and coordination to the mission logistic department both on strategic and operational level.
Key Activities Include:
- Contribute to the definition of mission strategy
- Coordinate logistics at national level
- : Support Implementation of Human resource functions of the mission and Logistics team at Field bases
- Collaborate with headquarters in the management of international transport
- Management of the security (as delegated by and under Country Director)
Do you meet the Profile Criteria?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Logistics, Business, Engineering or other related field
- Advanced University degree (Masters) preferably in Logistics, Humanitarian Studies or similar
- At least 5 years of international professional experience in a similar role and for a comparative size mission
Essential Skills and Experience: Evidence of practical experience in logistics management and coordination within the field of supply chain management (procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, etc.), fleet/ transport management and asset management, distribution support. Proven management and coordination skills (HR, PCM, and stress management). Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy. Fluent in English. Good general knowledge in IT, mechanics and engineering Experience of the management of budgets and the ability to prepare timely, complete and accurate reports. Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, UNICEF, USAID, CIDA etc.). Evidence of the ability to plan for, and conduct training in all areas of logistics for national and international staff (suitable to staff knowledge level). Well-organized, able to multitask, and rigorous. High sense of diplomacy with authorities. Proven ability to work in multi-donor short term contract situations. Previous experience with ACF preferred and will be an added advantage.
Interested Applicants should submit their applications by December 18th, 2017.