Emergency Field Coordinator (Re-Advertisement)
YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
overseeing the development , appropriate implementation and coordination of Action Against Hunger Nigeria’s multi-sectoral emergency program strategy in Nigeria under a rapid response mechanism (RRM).
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Oversee Nigeria emergency/rapid response programming to ensure the effective and efficient design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of emergency program portfolio.
- Lead the preparation, regular updating and implementation of a dedicated security plan for rapid response mechanism (RRM) interventions in line with Action Against Hunger standards and procedures.
- Support DCD HP to develop and enhance relationships between the mission and donors’ representatives, civil society, private sector, government agencies and other humanitarian organizations.
- Oversee the overall implementation of emergency programs at field level.
- Represent Action Against Hunger emergency programmes.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
- You have a bachelor degree in International Development, Political or Social Science, Economics, BusinessAdministration or related field. (Masters Degree Preferred)
- You have at least 6 years of work experience preferably in humanitarian or development work with at least 3 years of experience in management.
- You have significant experience with INGOs, particularly in complex emergencies and high-security
- You have essential experience in rapid response mechanism implementation/coordination in similar contexts.
- You have advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, UNICEF, DFID, OFDA, etc.) .
- You have proven ability to build external relationships with diplomacy, tact and professionalism in a complex and demanding environment.
- You have a Strong analytical capacity for program design and development.
- You are disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously with minimal guidance.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have previously worked in Nigeria or similar context with conflict/access analysis ability.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package.
These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website:
Deadline for applications is 13th July 2018 by 5 pm EAT.