Head of Department Logistic / Responsable du Departement Logistique
Action Against Hunger - USA is looking for a Head of department Logistic.
This position will be based in Haiti Port au Prince and we are looking for someone, french speaker, available as soon as possible.
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY providing leadership and coordination to the mission logistic department of Haiti, both on strategic and operational level.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
Contribute to the definition of mission strategy and coordinate logistics at national level
- making logistics data available to other departments to facilitate the establishment of the country strategy
- developing a logistics strategy for the mission
- producing high quality and timely logistics contributions to "proposals" and reports for funding bodies
- Contributing a logistics perspective to coordination discussions
- Advising other departments on their logistics requirements
- Ensuring that logistical needs and constraints are taken into account in the preparation of projects
- Representing the mission to outside bodies in logistical matters and developing a network for the exchange of information and good practice
- Laying down logistical standards across the mission, in accordance with ACF guidelines
- Providing leadership and optimising the organisation of logistics at mission level
- Devising a technical and geographical strategy for supplies (local/international purchases, stock and transport)
- Supervising the implementation of a supplies strategy and sanctioning its stages according to ACF procedures (validating procurement requests, including rental contracts)
- Supervising the management of equipment: allocation, transfer between bases, depreciation
- Controlling the mission logistics budget and ensuring that the quality of the logistics service provided throughout the mission is of high standard
- Ensure PPPs are produced for each project and are kept upto date during the entire life span of every project
- Consolidating, monitoring and analysing logistical data submitted by bases
- Ensuring the sound conduct of audits and pre-audits
- Prevent and manage fraud and corruption
- Ensuring the implementation of an archiving system conforming to ACF logistics guidelines
- Forwarding to headquarters the data needed to draft a contract with the carrier
- Negotiation of terms and conditions with the freight agent
- Supervising the forwarding of customs clearance information to the freight agent
- Checking the speed and the quality of deliveries
- Receive and confirm merchandise delivered and support custom clearance
Support Implementation of Human resource functions of the mission and Logistics team at Field bases and collaborate with headquarters in the management of international transport
- Coordination, training, support of the logistic staff for the bases and direct supervision for the capital,
- Forecast of the HR logistic needs in collaboration with other coordinator and collaborate with the Finance department for staff financial plan,
- Ensure sound management at all level with clear level of authority and responsibility well defined in the job description and organizational chart,
- Proactively promote performance management by ensuring that clear objectives are set by all managers, and that objectives and performance is regular, objectives reviewed through constructive feedback, midterms and formal appraisal, use of 10-minute conversation tool
- Contribute to the building and implementation of the mission training plan according to logistic needs defined through direct observation, appraisal review and mission strategy.
Management of the security (as delegated by and under Country Director)
- Collect information at mission level and with various external stakeholder, conduct formal security assessment and audit in all field location to generate in collaboration with the Country Director regular and comprehensive update of the mission security analysis,
- Propose revision of the national and local security plan and annexes in collaboration with Country Director, Field coordinator in a participatory approach each time needed according to the follow up tools or context change (validation by CD),
- Built capacity of security and safety managers in the mission to ensure they have appropriate skills, attitude and knowledge to fulfil their responsibilities through internal and or external training, continuous monitoring and sensitization,
- Contribute to the building of security culture in the mission,
- Ensure all mission staffs are formally briefed about AAH -USA rules and regulation regarding security and ensure all operating procedures regarding security and safety are in place on the mission
- Support in the crisis and incident management under the supervision of the Country Director
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
- Vous parlez, lisez et écrivez le français couramment (mandatory)
- You have at least 5 years professional experience in humanitarian logistics, incl. land, shipping or air transport and logistics/transport operations.
- You have experiences in Coordination position
- You have experience in complex humanitarian contexts and emergency response
- You have experience in development context
- You have ability to the creativity and innovation
- You have a high level of Integrity and Transparency.
- You have knowledge of working in a consortium and delegation model.
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You take pride in planning not just the best case scenario but also for multiple contingencies.
- You have strong organization and management skills combined with the ability to coordinate a diverse range of people and responsibilities.
- You have the ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate and demonstrate good judgement.
- You possess strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- You have effective multi-tasking skills with ability to coordinate and handle pressure/ stress well.
- You are flexible, able to live and work in a stressful and insecure environment.
- You speak, read and write in English
Our Core Values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA-USA’s five core competencies
Respect- we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work; conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence- we strive to provide services that meet, and even exceed, the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment- we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Action Against Hunger-USA values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger-USA Website on careers pages.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button below. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. This advert may close once we receive applications from qualified candidates.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For further information about Action Against Hunger-USA, please visit our website www.actionagainsthunger.org