Operations Support Coordinator (Re-advertisement)
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
providing leadership and management of all the Support Services functions and systems at regional level , to ensure quality support to programme implementation is maintained in line with Action Against Hunger Nigeria Country Strategy, internal policies, best practice and donor guidelines.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Coordination of the support function inter-departmental work plans, in order to provide operational support to project implementation.
- Overall Management of support functions.
- General Administration
- Effective reporting and sharing of information
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have an advanced University degree (Masters) preferably in economics and/or political/humanitarian/Development studies or equivalent
- You have a minimum of 3 years of humanitarian experience in country level senior management/coordination role, in complex emergency / insecure contexts.
You aim to deliver innovative, quality programming
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate technical analysis, mission strategy, as well as donor policies & procedures, to suit different audiences - both verbally & in writing.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent.
- You identify & support less experienced technical managers to improve their reporting skills.
Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team
- You are calm under pressure, diplomatic & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You model to your direct reports how to adapt your communication style to suit colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent Action Against Hunger appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply" button below to apply for the position. Be sure to fill in the Education history and Experience fields provided in the form. Applications submitted without this information will be automatically disqualified.