Director of Technical Expertise and Research
DescriptionYOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
being responsible for the technical and research strategies, coordinating the technical sectoral and cross-sectoral activities, and working closely with the Operations team to support country programs in ensuing the application of the technical program policy and practice. As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the Director of Technical Expertise and Research is expected to contribute to the organization’s general leadership and direction, working closely with the CEO and other members of the team, helping the various departments work collaboratively in the best interest of the whole, and defining the strategic direction of the organization nationally and internationally.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Developing and monitoring the strategic plan and organizational development as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Managing the technical sectoral and cross-sectoral advisors –Nutrition & Health, Water & Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security & Livelihoods, Social Behavior Change, Markets & Cash, DRM & Resilience, and Monitoring & Evaluation- and the Research Associate Director.
- Facilitating and validating the technical and research strategies of Action Against Hunger-USA through inputs from the Technical, Expertise and Research team, and supervising the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Contributing to Action Against Hunger International technical and research strategies, working plans and implementation follow up.
- Facilitating the identification, design and supervising the implementation of research, innovation and development activities to grow Action Against Hunger's portfolio of rigorous and relevant research.
- Identifying and managing partnerships with academia, public and private sector partners together with the Associate Director for Research and other relevant team members.
- Providing an interface for all Technical, Expertise and Research topics with Action Against Hunger International counterpart directors and scientific committee, and other selective working groups.
- Representing Action Against Hunger-USA and International in a variety of technical forums, working close with the Advocacy and Fundraising teams.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You’re a dedicated and experienced professional
- You have Master’s degree or PhD or equivalent experience in the sectors of public health, food security, livelihoods, WASH, nutrition, etc.
- You have at least 7 years’ experience as public health specialist (or similar) and field experience preferably in a technical program coordination role with an international NGO.
- You have 5 or more years’ experience managing and supervising a diverse and multifunctional team.
- You are familiar with multi-sector approaches, programming, learning and knowledge transfer process.
You’re passionate about humanitarian work
- You have genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and strategic objectives of Action Against Hunger.
- You have flexibility and ability to work cooperatively with subordinates, colleagues, supervisor and external stakeholders.
- You are willing and able to travel both nationally and internationally.