Regional Coordinator, Food Security and Livelihoods
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
providing technical support to regional teams in ensuring that AAH's FSL strategic direction, focus, quality benchmarks and technical standards are incorporated in programs and projects
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Supporting the consolidation, development and strengthening of AAH’s strategic and technical leadership in food security and livelihoods at the regional level.
- Ensuring program quality at Regional level and support program development
- Supporting regional programmatic integration and related capacity building.
- Represent AAH and it's positioning in external coordination, donor, and technical meetings/visits on technical and operational matters.
- Representing and position AAH in key regional initiatives
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Masters degree preferably in economics, international development studies social sciences (sociology) , agricultural economics, agriculture and development.
- You have minimum Three years experience in food security and livelihoods.
- You have experience in Food security and Livelihood assessments including cash and market assessments in both development and emergency contexts
You are very efficient in leading processes
- You have experience in community based approach activities in an intercultural context.
- You have good organization skills and are able to represent the organization at different levels.
- You easily integrate with remote areas living conditions.
- You are self-disciplined and can work autonomously making decisions with minimal guidance.
- You have a clear understanding of child and gender protection issues in the field.
- Have proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management) with an ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- Experience with evaluations and monitoring as well as Program Cycle Management.
- Experience with research and partnership developments with universities and with donor communications
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply" button below to apply for the position. Be sure to fill in the Education history and Experience fields provided in the form. Applications submitted without this information will be automatically disqualified. Application is January 22nd, 2018.